Job Opportunity for my friends who are web heads and wanna help the North End Rise. This is a full time position for someone to develop and manage a North End Youth website sharing job opportunities and liaising with the various youth groups, and the North End Youth Council monthly to ensure that the website is consistent with the desires of North End Youth! The deadline for applications is December 11th, check it out! Please feel free to share with anyone you think may be interested!
North End Youth Council/Web Site Manager
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in web content management, writing and editing for the web, graphic design and site management.
The website manager will be responsible developing the voice for all aspects of the organization’s online presence. In addition to writing, editing, and proofreading site content, this person will also work closely with the Partnering Company to maintain site standards with regard to new development. The website content manager will also be responsible for crafting site promotions, email newsletters, and online outreach campaigns. The content manager will work closely with all North End Organizations, Schools, Community Centers and Resident Associations, so strong communication skills are needed. The ideal candidate will also have experience with App creation. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
This individual must also meet monthly with the Youth Committee to receive feedback, submit content as suggested by the Committee. The monthly meeting will be organized by the hired individual. It will be crucial to keep these meetings continuous in order to keep the project sustainable and to maintain consistency with the Youth who make up the Council.
- Create, develop and manage content for organization’s web presence (requires working with Website Company who will create Website)
- Coordinate web content as it pertains to Educations, Employment, Training, Sports & Recreation, On Line Bullying, Safety in the North End, Suicide Prevention and North End Events and Attractions.
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties
- Working with all partnering organizations, projects and programs, maintain and develop the master content calendar for all web properties
- Copy, edit and proofread all web content
- Oversee freelancers, including writers and community outreach organizers
- Keep current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, information, and events
- Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference
- Work cooperatively with key team members, clients, partners, schools, resident associations, organizations and North End Youth.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of Website maintenance and social media and App development
- Ability to manage multiple projects relating to the Website and its content
- Experience organizing, preparing and taking information at monthly meetings
- Full time – 35 hours per week – 8:30 to 4:30 – Monday to Friday
- $15 per hour plus merc’s
- Some Evenings maybe required
- Note: Preference will be given to applicants with Aboriginal descent and who live in the North End.
RESUMES TO BE SUBMITTED BY: December 11, 2013 BY 4pm
Please submit resume to:
North End Community Renewal Corp.
C/o Darryl Bruce
509 Selkirk Ave
Wpg. Mb. R2W 2M6