The upcoming election is happening on October 21, 2019 and people across Canada will be voting for their Member of Parliament. For me, I will be voting in the riding of Winnipeg North. Here is an image of the riding:
People should know there is a website with information on the election http://www.elections.ca & specifically there is this page on ID you need to vote/vouching & this one on advance polls (9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. from Friday October 11 to Monday October 14)
My options for Winnpeg North MP are as follows:
- Liberal: Kevin Lamoureux
- NDP: Kyle Mason
- Independent: Kathy Doyle
- Green: Sai Shanthanand Rajagopal
- Communist: Andrew Taylor
- CHP: Henry Hizon*
- CPC: Jordyn Ham*
- PPC: Victor Ong
- Independent: Kevin Annett*
* Candidates I have never met
I did have an opportunity to moderate an #EatThinkVote forum at Nor’West Health on October 3rd which was a great success. I got to see Kevin, Kyle & Kathy again and meet Sai, Victor & Andrew. I began reaching out to candidates on October 3rd in a number of ways but have not been successful in contacting all campaigns.
I have developed 10 questions that I believe will give people a good idea of each candidates plans to address North Ender’s concerns & a little bit of personality too! There is no word limit to your responses however I do request you be as honest and concise as possible.
- Do you live in the riding? Which neighbourhood and for how long?
- How have you supported local businesses?
- How have you supported families who struggle with poverty, child welfare and housing insecurity?
- What is your favourite North End landmark?
- What is your plan to address climate change?
- Do you support restorative justice?
- How do you believe we can best tackle the trauma crisis & harmful substance use amongst youth?
- Tell me a joke?
- Share a photo with me and describe it in 100 words or less!
- Why should people vote for you?